I’m not going to lie, I was craving something sweet. Which is kind of weird for me since I normally go for savory flavors in the morning. I was thinking of something light, and airy but fresh and fruity. I already had a bunch of blueberries and needed a way to use them all. Perfect excuse, right?
So I searched, and searched, and found this lovely Blueberry Tart recipe by Holly from Beyond Kimchee. Have you seen her recipes? She has some amazing Korean dishes, plus a lot more. This recipe is sooooo easy, you’ll make it over and over again. You can use frozen puff pastry dough if you don’t feel like making it from scratch, and it will still taste really good.
Here is the recipe below.
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry dough (frozen, or from scratch)
- 1 Egg to use as egg wash
- 1 tbl of Granulated Sugar, I used coars white decorating sugar because I think it gives it a nice look
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 4 oz of Cream cheese, or Mascarpone: my favorite – I actually used this instead
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1-2 tsp of Lemon Zest to taste
- 4 tsp of Powdered sugar to taste
Instructions: Get the recipe here
Mmm doesn’t this look good?! Well my friends, it is..very good.
Just look at all those flaky layers! So easy to make, and so easy to eat.
I think I will make this again. Probably try a different fruit; like strawberries, peaches, blackberries, raspberries, or a mixture of several different berries would work well. Maybe even substitute pie crust. Although I do love the texture of puff pastry.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!